Yum! If you like peanut butter you will love these! They are gluten and dairy free and they are delicious! They are quick to whip together which is great because you will have to make another batch soon after your first because they won't last long in your house! Enjoy!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (you can also use light brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature (to do this quickly, place egg in a glass filled with warm, not hot, water for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup regular or gluten free rolled oats
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine creamy peanut butter, sugar, baking soda and salt in a stand mixer and mix until smooth.
Add egg and vanilla and mix on low until just combined, making sure to scrape down the sides.
Stir in the chocolate chips and oats by hand. Pour into prepared dish and press mixture down with parchment paper or a spatula, spreading it out to all corners.
Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the top has become golden brown. Slice and serve!
Adapted from Well Plated