These bars are super yummy and don't include any refined sugar other than what is in the dark chocolate chips and can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free graham crackers.
*Graham Cracker Crust*
- 2 cups graham cracker or gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
*Peanut Butter Layer*
- 3/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (use refined coconut oil if you don't want the coconut taste)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp refined or unrefined coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan with butter or cooking spray.
Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until they are ground into fine crumbs. Measure out 2 cups into a medium bowl. Pour in melted butter and stir with a fork, pressing down and mixing until well incorporated. Pour into prepared pan and press down, making sure to spread the mixture out to the corners. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the crust has puffed up and turned golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
Melt peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a small pot. Pour over crust and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small pot and pour over the peanut butter and crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours to allow peanut butter and chocolate to set.
Cut, serve, enjoy!