- 3lb beef brisket
- 1 packet (1oz) of onion soup mix (posted a homemade version of mix below)
- 1 can (10 1/2oz) condensed beef broth
- sharp provolone
- baguettes or gluten free rolls (I prefer whole wheat demi baguettes)
*Homemade Onion Soup Mix*
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Trim excess fat from brisket and place in crockpot, fatty side up.
Stir onion soup mix and beef broth together and pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Slice rolls/baguettes lengthwise and place on a baking sheet. Place cheese on the rolls and broil in the oven until cheese is melted and bubbly (it doesn't take long so keep a REALLY close eye on them so they don't burn).
Remove brisket from the crockpot, slice against the grain and place on rolls. Serve with broth for dipping.