These Mahi Mahi tacos are so easy to make with the perfect refreshing pairing of the mango salsa. I could eat these every day!
- 1 lb wild caught mahi mahi (I buy the bags of frozen individually wrapped wild caught Mahi Mahi from Costco)
- 1 tsp olive oil or refined coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- small flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- optional: chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large mangoes or 3 small ataulfo mangoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 avocados, cut into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- juice of one large lime
- pinch of salt
Combine spices for the fish rub in a small bowl. Pat fish dry and rub over filets.
Combine ingredients for the mango salsa in a medium bowl and set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
Heat oil in a large pan and add filets. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, flip, and cook 3 minutes on the other side. If your fish has skin on it, start cooking it with the skin side down and when you flip it the skin should be easy to remove with a fork. After the second 3 minutes, roughly chop the fish into bit size pieces with a spatula. You can sprinkle the fish with any remaining seasoning if you want. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Serve in a small tortilla (corn or flour, I prefer to heat my tortillas in a skillet sprayed with olive oil but you can easily heat them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds covered with a wet paper towel). Add fish and top with mango salsa and optional cilantro. Enjoy!!