I really loved this dinner. It was super flavorful and incredibly easy to make. Usually when a recipe says "takes just 20 minutes" it's really more like 40 minutes but this honestly really just takes 20-25 minutes and is packed with flavor.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb Italian Sausage, you could use sweet or spicy, remove from casing
- 16oz dry potato gnocchi (make sure to buy gluten free if you are GF)
- 1 can (14.5oz) Italian flavored diced tomatoes, do not drain the juices
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, I prefer to use my cast iron pan for this but you can use any other non-stick skillet. Add chopped onions and garlic ans saute for 1 minute, until they become fragrant and begin to brown. Add sausage, making sure to break it up into bite sized pieces. Stir frequently to make sure it browns evenly. Once the sausage is browned, about 8 minutes, stir in uncooked gnocchi, breaking up any that are clumped together. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes with the juices and chicken broth. Stir and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add spinach, stirring to combine, cooking until wilted. Add cheese and cover until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Chew Out Loud