This really couldn't have been easier and it was incredibly flavorful! Definitely a repeat meal! I put this over cauliflower "rice" and it complemented it perfectly. You can find the recipe for the "rice" here.
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp lower sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chili, seeds removed and minced
- 2 tsp coconut oil (refined or unrefined)
- 3 cups fresh Thai or regular basil leaves, left whole
- Optional: jasmine rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa
- Optional: sesame seeds
Combine chicken strips, oyster sauce and soy sauce/tamari in a bowl and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add coconut oil, serrano chili and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Add chicken and saute until cooked through. This should only take about 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and add the basil leaves and stir until wilted. Serve over rice or quinoa and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe by Skinny Taste