This is a quick, easy meal that can be thrown together and enjoyed even on the busiest of days. Prepping the sauce the night before or earlier in the day can also cut down on the time it takes to get this on your table. All it takes is about 10 minutes of actual cook time and you are set!
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cornstarch (optional)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Combine chili sauce, soy sauce/tamari, rice vinegar, garlic, sriracha, red pepper flakes, and ginger in a small bowl and stir until well mixed. If you want a thicker sauce you can add your cornstarch at this time and stir.
Heat sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
Add broccoli and stir fry until tender and bright green.
Add shrimp and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until pink on both sides.
Add your sauce and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
Serve on top of rice or other grain of choice or just plain. Top with chopped green onions and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe from Peas and Crayons