This super simple, one pot meal, is packed full of amazing flavors and is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 oz fully cooked chicken sausage (I used a chicken kielbasa), sliced
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups collard greens, stemmed and chopped
- 10 oz penne pasta
- 1 cup red onion, thin sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, thin sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
Heat olive oil in a large skillet with high sides over medium-high heat. Add sausage and mushrooms and saute until sausage is browned and mushrooms have softened, about 7-8 minutes.
Add chicken stock, salt, collard greens, pasta, onion and garlic and bring to a boil, stirring to make sure pasta is submerged. Cook for 12-15 minutes until sauce has thickened and pasta is al dente, or cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, stir in vinegar and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Southern Living