This is an incredibly flavorful one bowl meal that only takes about 20 minutes to cook. It includes all of the grains, meat and veggies you need!
- 2 cups rice of choice, uncooked
- 1 lb beef (you can used thin sliced sirloin, flank steak, ground beef, pork or chicken)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil/refined coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
Cook rice according to package directions.
Cut your flank steak or chicken in thin slices, if using other cuts of beef you can cut it into bite sized cubes.
Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add beef and let marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and then add the onions and saute for 1 minute. Add the beef and stir, cooking it for 2-3 minutes.
Add the carrots and zucchini and cook for 1 minute. Add the fresh spinach and cook for another minute.
Serve over rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Recipe by Steamy Kitchen