The flavor combination in this salad is over the top delicious! This is so quick to throw together, taking under 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 2 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp grapeseed/avocado/olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium mangoes, sliced thin
- 2 medium avocados, sliced thin
- 5 oz spring mix
- optional: 3 tbsp chopped cilantro for topping
*Lemon Lime Vinaigrette*
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp honey (1 tsp was perfect for the level of sweetness I like)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl or jar and mix well and set aside.
Portion out the spring mix into 4 bowls and top with mango and avocado slices.
Heat oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp in a single layer and crack fresh salt and pepper over top. Cook for 2 minutes on one side, flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until they are completely pink and cooked through. Remove from pan and place in your prepared bowls.
Drizzle with Lemon Lime Vinaigrette over top and toss to mix. Top with some chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Recipe by Flavour & Savour