This is absolutely a repeat recipe! It couldn't be easier to put together and it makes great leftovers either the next day or for a full 4 days of meal prep and it's Keto, Paleo and Whole30 approved! You could easily sub out the ground pork for ground beef, chicken or turkey as well!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (about 1/2 a medium onion)
- 3 green onions, sliced, whites and greens kept separate
- 1 lb ground pork (ground beef, turkey or chicken would also work)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce/sweet chili sauce/sririacha
- 14 oz bag broccoli slaw mix
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos (could also use tamari or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- *optional *toasted sesame seeds for garnish and additional sriracha sauce or chili sauce
Heat sesame oil in a large cast iron skillet or other heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat.
Add minced garlic, chopped onion and the whites of the green onion and saute for about 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
Add the ground pork and chop up into bite size pieces. Add ground ginger, salt, pepper and chili sauce. Stir and cook until pork is evenly browned and cooked through, about 7 minutes.
Add bag of slaw mix, coconut aminos and rice wine vinegar. Cook down until the vegetables have softened and ingredients are well incorporated, about another 5 minutes.
Separate into bowls and top with toasted sesame seeds, the greens of the green onions and additional sriracha or other chili sauce if desired.