We are big fans of chicken drumsticks at our house. They are crispy and flavorful and my kids love them!
- 6 large drumsticks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (if not paleo you can use tamari or soy sauce)
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar (you can use apple cider vinegar as well)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted (you can use refined or unrefined)
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 4 tbsp creamy almond butter (or other nut butter if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (you can omit this if you don't want them to be spicy)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside while you prepare your sauce.
Combine coconut aminos, vinegar, coconut oil, honey, almond butter, garlic powder and red pepper flakes in a small bowl or measuring cup and stir. Reserve a small amount of the sauce on the side to dip drumsticks in if you would like.
Place drumsticks on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Brush one side of drumsticks with sauce and bake for 30 minutes.
Flip, brush the other side with sauce and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Flip one more time, brush them again and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve!
Recipe adapted from Paleohacks