This recipe will make a brussels sprouts lover out of anyone. It's really quick and easy to make and it includes bacon so, come on! I used my mandolin to shred my brussels sprouts but you could always just thinly slice them yourself.
Reposted from www.thebellevieblog.com
- 5 slices bacon chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parmesan
- black pepper
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until edges become brown and almost completely cooked through.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add the shredded brussels, tossing them with the bacon making sure to coat them in the bacon greese. Add a crack or two of black pepper
- Cook until the begin to turn golden brown in areas, tossing occasionally, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Top with walnuts and parmesan and serve warm.