This recipe originally called for just brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes but I didn't have enough brussels sprouts so I rounded it out with broccoli and it was great.
Reposted from www.thefoodcharlatan.com
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- *Optional* do 1/2lb brussels and 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 large sweet potato (1 pound)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the ends off of the brussels sprouts and cut in half. Put them in a large bowl.
- *If you are using broccoli, cut into bit sized pieces and put in a separate bowl*
- Peel your sweet potato and chop into 1-2 inch pieces. Add to the large bowl.
- Mince 2 garlic cloves and add it to the bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil over the vegetables.
- Add cumin, garlic salt, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir to coat.
- (Line a large sheet pan with foil if you want super easy cleanup)
- Spray the pan with some olive oil or drizzle a small amount and spread it around to make sure your vegetables don't stick to the pan.
- Pour the brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes into the pan.
- Roast at 400 for about 40-45 minutes. *If you are using broccoli, add them to the other veggies about 20 minutes into roasting* The veggies are done when they are brown and a fork slides into them easily.
- Place the veggies in a serving bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar to taste. Serve immediately.