This is the perfect warm weather salad. It's refreshing and just feels like summer! It was a hit with the whole family.
Reposted from Damn Delicious
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 ounces ovaline fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonad
Combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer until liquid has been reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Wash and roughly chop romaine and place in a large serving bowl. Top with fresh mozzarella, halved cherry tomatoes, diced avocado and basil ribbons.
Drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve immediately.