This salad is so fresh and yummy. The egg gives this salad a nice creamy texture and the bacon helps give it a salty crunch. The dressing is super simple but the perfect compliment to the other flavors. Great as a lunch or a simple quick dinner.
Reposted from Skinny Taste
- 1 large hard boiled egg, peeled and sliced
- 1 2/3 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 slices cooked and crumbled center cut bacon
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Cook bacon in a frying pan, drain on the paper towel lined plate and let cool before crumbling.
Pour out the majority of the bacon grease, reserving some to saute asparagus in.
Cut asparagus stalks into thirds, and saute in pan for 4 or 5 minutes over medium heat. You can also steam or boil your asparagus but I prefer to saute or broil it.
Combine Dijon, olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper in a small bowl while asparagus is cooking.
Put cooked asparagus in a bowl or on a plate, top with crumbled bacon, hard boiled egg and dressing. Enjoy!