I have always been a fan of Caesar salad but have recently steered clear of it because of the unhealthy dressing. This version combines chopped kale and romaine lettuce for a twist on the traditional Caesar salad and homemade Caesar Lime Dressing that is definitely healthier than the store bought version.
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chopped romaine
- 2 cups croutons (I cut up a gluten free roll, drizzled it with olive oil and sprinkled it with garlic powder and toasted it)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I like to just take a vegetable peeler and grate it directly onto the salad)
- *optional* 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes
*Caesar Lime Dressing*
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly finely grated Parmesan
- 3-4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 3-4 tbsp milk
Combine ingredients for dressing, except milk, in a glass measuring cup or mason jar. Stir well to combine. Add milk 1 tbsp at a time, stirring in between each addition until you reach your desired consistency. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Combine ingredients for salad in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine. Drizzle dressing on top of salad or serve on the side. Enjoy!