This was a really refreshing salad that you can really make your own by adding whatever fruit you have on hand.
- 1 large bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 diced peach or nectarine
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut halves
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix ingredients for dressing in a small bowl.
Place chopped kale in a large bowl and pour half of the dressing over the kale, massaging it for a minute to help soften the kale.
Add fruit and nuts and remaining dressing, toss and serve.
Adapted from The Balanced Berry