I could eat this every day...and I did for 3 days for lunch after we had this for dinner. So flavorful and so filling. It was great for dinner but would really be perfect to make and portion out for a week's worth of lunches.
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (Green or Purple)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, toasted and chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for two minutes. Add chicken and saute until browned and fully cooked through. Remove chicken and onions and pepper from pan and place on a cutting board or plate and let cool.
Once completely cool, shred chicken.
Add lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes and honey to a bowl and whisk. Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified.
In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrots, red pepper, scallions, basil, cilantro, and shredded chicken. Toss with dressing. Top with cashews before serving.
Recipe by Wendy Polisi