This was a great, crunchy salad that is perfect for your next BBQ.
- 24 oz shredded brussels sprouts
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2/3 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 small orange, juiced
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp shallots, finely minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Shred your Brussels sprouts using the shredding blade of a food processor, a mandolin or just thinly slice with a knife. Most large supermarkets carry pre-shredded Brussels sprouts which is also a great option.
Place shredded sprouts in a large bowl and top with crumbled bacon, sliced onion, dried cherries/cranberries, toasted almonds and goat cheese.
Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl, jar or dressing container, mix well and pour desired amount over your salad. Toss well and serve.
Recipe by The Real Food Dietitians