I really love salads like this because they make great leftovers and this is really simple and quick to throw together. Also, look how pretty and bright it is!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine chickpeas, bell pepper, tomatoes, carrot, basil and scallions in a medium bowl and gently toss to combine.
In a small bowl, combine oil and balsamic vinegar. Whisk to combine.
Pour dressing over chickpea mixture, lightly toss, top with salt, pepper and sesame seeds and enjoy!